Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Project Redcap: A Mario Star Collecting Series

Hey everyone, Fizzlesnoof here! I thought it would be a good idea to share my big passion project with the forums. A lot of people have made homages to Super Mario 64 by rebuilding some of it's classic courses. This is cool and all, but we have adventure maps, so why hasn't anyone tried something a bit more ambitious?
Introducing Project Redcap (Working title mind you.) A series of three adventure maps planned to remake the feel of exploring large courses in search of stars by the dozen, all within the confines of LBP! The series is planned to include:
24 large levels, each with seven collectable stars.
15 secret stars, 7 of which have their own miniature courses.
5 special ability blocks, with switches to activate them.
3 massive hub worlds to discover these in.
an original story about a long forgotten civilization.
and a sticker based system of tracking certain achievements across the 3 adventure maps.

I made a demo showcasing this, but only play it knowing it has a few bugs that I'm currently unsure how to fix: https://lbp.me/v/q1kkyt5/topreviews?p=1&l=12

If anyone is interested, feel free to leave suggestions in this thread. I'll answer them as often as I can. As always, I'm Fizzlesnoof, and I will see you all later. Happy gaming everyone! Happy

I think this is a really big project. I wish you good luck!
[Image: qbqo5h8v.jpg]

Sounds neat, can't wait to see how it turns out!
[Image: drawsig.php?creator=D4RK-_-InFAMOUS4&bg=17&f=17&l=6]

(07/27/2017, 10:10)mdkd Wrote: I think this is a really big project. I wish you good luck!

Thanks! Right now, a glitch is preventing me from entering a course more than once. I'm not entirely sure how to fix it, any suggestions?
~Be kind to your fellow sackfolk, and they may return the favor. 

Could you fix the bug?

(09/22/2017, 14:28)mdkd Wrote: Could you fix the bug?

I'd love to, but I have no idea how. The only thing I can think of is starting from scratch so the bug isn't there, and I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.
~Be kind to your fellow sackfolk, and they may return the favor. 

Where exactly is the problem? At a microchip or at the game itself?