Hello There, Guest! Login! Register

[LittleBite-sizedPlanet] Qucik level look ats - Omnibus Thread

Ossu! Friday night bite time? Why, yes, yes it is.

This go about we're looking at Dreamiverse Dash by Super-Fantastic. The too long/didn't watch is it's a fun enough, visually nice race with a cute custom characterthat unfortunately needs a couple of rough edges dealt with to be something really special. Still, it's quick enough for a couple of plays, and it's worth about that much, i'd say.

Thanks as always for the support and feedback, and i hope y'all have a great day!

Behind the Curtains Stuffs
Tonight's bonus stream was supposed to be LBP3...but i really want to get back into RE(make) 2, so i'm going with that. Actually writing this in advance, since the stream usually wraps around the time the episode goes live. i wonder how far we got. It was pretty dicey yesterday, so i'm not pinning my hopes too high. i'm actually starting to wonder if it's possible to stuff the game up so hard it actually becomes uncomplete-able. We've had some really close shaves, and we've needed to burn through resources pretty hard.
[Image: drawsig.php?creator=waffle_king23&bg=52&f=18&l=6]
Want to watch a foolish gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese language at the same time? Well, now, you can!

Ossu! Late posting, but we've got a bit of a bigger bite on the plate today!

This time we're having a bit of a longer look at Supercharged Tower Defense by chronos453. Chronos had asked us in stream awhile back to have a go at it, but it seemed big and chunky and something that needed a little extra time devoted to it. The episode is longer than usual on account of my playing (not very well, i imagine) the first 25 waves of the first map. The too long/didn't watch is it's a really good game. i've got no background with the tower defense genre, so i can't really do a comparison, but i know i had a really good time with this one. It felt like i was actually playing a completely different game, not something kitted together in LBP3, and that's a rare experience for me. There are a lot of plays on this one, but if one of those isn't yours, then i definitely recommend giving this a go. Just keep in mind you're probably looking at 30-50minutes on a map.

Thanks as always for the support and feedback, and have a great day!

So, late post is late on account of my going to a Sayonara Party last night. It was fun, though weird to be the oldest person in the room (maybe the second oldest, but T. left early). i can now say definitively that Hooters is pretty much a garbage-city restaurant, so...that's...good? It wasn't my choice. About half of us went out to karaoke after and it'd been quite a while for me, was nice that i could still belt out a couple of songs with half-decency. Now, waking up feeling kind of trash is something i could do without, but...eh, once every now and then isn't so bad?

i realized shortly after the stream on Saturday that we'd missed the completely obvious "look at this item you just picked up, it has the code on it." They've even done that a few times in the game already, i guess i just fell out of the habit of checking. Saa...after work streams are always kind of dodgy, because there's no guarantee the brainmeats will be functional. Still, i kind of feel sorry for not being able to think around the problem.
Want to watch a foolish gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese language at the same time? Well, now, you can!

Ossu! We've got another (shorter) nibble coming up!

This go about we're taking a look at Sands of Egypt by SrFreeze. The too long/didn't watch is, this one is really really good. Especially once you get past the bit we got stuck on in the video. This one's picked up a fair amount of heat since i did the recording, which is one of the downsides of keeping a couple episode backlog. This is also the only time we'll see this particular hub, since i did this recording on the day of a million profile corruptions. i kind of like how it turned out though.

Thanks as always for all the support and feedback, and i hope you have a great day!

Getting this typed up early again so i can just hit post once i get back from work. Kind of cheesed i have to do the Twitter updates manually now, but that's ok.

Tuesday continues to be busiest, most pseudo-adulting day. Got the groceries shopped, laundry done, super-soup done (this week's menu is super-soup). Also got LBsP-099 wrapped, well except for the PiPs. The level turned out to be well chunkier than i'd expected, so i didn't get my Isaac episodes recorded. Luckily we've got round about a month of backlog on those.

Ossu! Back again for a Friday Night Bite!

This go about we're having a look at Ascension by Precipite2. The too long/didn't watch is it's a bit confusing for something so starkly presented. i like the concept for it, but...it needs a little more development, and maybe some expansion as well.
Since this brings the playlist to 40levels, we'll have a clean-up episode coming up on Sunday so we can peel off the front 10. That's already done and ready to go, so that's good.

Thanks as always for all the support and feedback, and have a great day!

We wrapped the Leon A-side of Biohazard 2 Remake yesterday. Aside from a bit of an annoying puzzle, it went...mostly well. The end was a bit of an anti-climax, but really it's just the half-way point of the game. Started Claire's B-side today and had a lot of fun with it. Lost the server again, but at least it was at the 2hour point (well, almost).

After yesterday's stream i noticed if i really shucked my buns i could make it in time to see the Suspiria remake, so i did that. It was actually pretty good. Well, the parts i could understand, at least. There's a fair amount of German in the film (makes sense as it's set in 1971 Germany), and i couldn't quite keep up with the Japanese subtitles. i wouldn't mind seeing it again, though. i'll have to wait until it's on BluRay and have it sent over. That or really up my game when it comes to reading comprehension.

We got LBsP episodes 098b (the playlist clean-up one) and 099 wrapped and uploaded. 100's half-finished, still need to record the takeaway and do the PiPs. Should have gotten it done today, but after the movie i stopped for a couple at my local, and then went out for pizza after, and since i walked down to the theatre by the time i got home it was...1am-ish? Woke up this morning feeling crummy and shagged out (that what i get for drinking like i used to, after cutting back so hard). Wasn't really hung-over, but just...no energy? Ended up sleeping for most of the day. Kind of kicking myself over it now, but *shrug* At least i was feeling normal and genki by the afternoon.

Ossu! Late bite is late because i went to see Aquaman. Sorry!

Anyhow this go about we're clearing the front ten levels off the lbp.me playlist and giving them a last shout out.

vERGE^1 by TigerSlash03
In My Dreams by rud-54
Of Mice and Moon Cheese by amblaze
Slick Race by mdkd99
Sandbar sprint by pdfusilamiento
Caverns of the Lost by LittleBigDes
?? LOVER by bananaash
Going Underground by BzR242
Honey Factory by NNP0IS0N
A green problem. by bombird

There're some fun ones in there, some...well...mediocre ones in there too. Still, nothing i would say is completely without worth or redemption. Pick out a handful (or the whole lot) and give 'em a run and see what you think.

As always, thanks for all the feedback and support, and have a great day!

By needs this will be short, because i really need to get some sleep. Just got home, and tomorrow is an early shift.

Superficially Aquaman is a fun spectacle super-hero film that still managed to feel pretty hollow in its message, and ultimately left me pretty disappointed. Still, having tea with Cthulhu, and Willam Defoe. You can't really complain too much about that.

Ossu! Got the Tuesday night bite here! On time too!

This go about we're having a look at Deep down facility by markybarlow. The too long/didn't watch is it's a pretty keen iCandy platformer with an unfortunately obtuse early bit. Still if you can get past that, there are some neat gameplay elements here, and an awful lot of decoration (which may, unfortunately, cause slowdown issues). Give it a look, but be warned, you're looking at somewhere around 25minutes to clear.

Thanks, as always, for all the support and feedback, and have a great day!

Episode 100 is uploaded, and 101 is ready to go up as well; just didn't have enough time to get it in before work today. Kind of a milestone, it feels like (disregard the fact that between season one and two of R15F we have 104+ episodes, ne?). i was kicking around the idea of making some simple platform level to celebrate, and then life intervened.

Now, to have some Pumpkin Keema Curry. i am so hungry.

100 episodes, thats really crazy, you make a great job here...
[Image: sig_161115.png]
LBP-HUB.com: LittleBigPlanet news, statistics, signatures, music, wiki, forum and more...

(02/12/2019, 20:54)Hanfi1311 Wrote: 100 episodes, thats really crazy, you make a great job here...

Thanks so much mate, it's been a hoot.

Ossu! Got another bite coming at you!

This go about we're having a look at Rusty Metal by MajorMaximusLBP. The too long/didn't watch is it's a lot of fun, particularly once you get that it's not just trying to ape Portal. Some neat power-up puzzles, a nice (if slightly dim) look. It's a good 'un, so give it a go, yeah?

Thanks as always for the support and feedback, and have a great day!

So, this is (kind of) episode 100, eh? Been knocking these out for a year and eight months now, and there's a lot that's gone on between then and now to be sure. It seems a bit weird, really. It's not a nice, even chunk of time, and it's not really 100episodes, since we've had b-sides and the like. Still, it is kind of special. So, i put together a kick little 100b that'll go up on Sunday. It's been a trip, y'all, and my thanks to all of you for pushing me along this long.

Typing this up a little early so i can just hit post after tonight's stream. We're nearing the end of the Biohazard stuffs, i think maybe two or three more streams should handle it? It's been a hoot, and i've been well-impressed with how Capcom's handled everything. i don't know if we'll do a little with the 4th Survivor mode or not. On one hand, it's supposed to be really, really short all-told. On the other, it's supposed to be really, really hard, requiring a lot of do-overs, and that might not be that fun to do in front of an audience, or for the audience to watch for that matter.

Ossu! Another quick bite here.

This one's just a little B-side for the 100th(ish) episode. Not much beyond chatter, but at least a chance to give y'all thanks for all the support so far, so, thanks yeah?

Wrapped the Biohazard 2 Remake streams yesterday and had a lot of fun with them. We'll be going back to short-form games for the rest of the month, and i'll try to come up with the next long-form for March. If there's something y'all'd like to see, let me know, eh?